Friday 20 March 2015

Evaluation | Question 7: What have you learnt in the progression from your prelim to your full production?

What have you learnt in the progression from your prelim to your full production?

Earlier in the assessment, our group made a preliminary film introduction, inspired by the famous 1980s The Breakfast Club. We all came together to come up with camera shots, costumes, editing and music. 

First of all, I think, from this preliminary film, our group have definitely become closer, and we understand eachother a lot more. We know eachother' strengths and weaknesses. For example, Diana played the protagonist as the group agreed that she was the best actress amongst the four of us. We learnt these because of the amount of time we had to spend together during the development of Love Yourz, which was spent in class and out of college. 


My editing skills have also improved vastly, in my opinion. When we made our pre-lim, I didn't feel very confident using Final Cut Pro, but I used it as my chance to gain experience. Since making the pre-lim, I have learnt to improve pace in an opening by shortening segments and getting rid of clips that aren't necessary to a plot. Also, I learnt how important it is to film clips multiple times. We didn't do that originally with our prelim, so the footage wasn't as good as it could've been.

Also, at the very start of my AS Media course, I was required to create a preliminary sequence, as this allowed us to get to know the equipment and software such as Final Cut Pro, to edit, and ClipGrabber, which was used to find sound effects. My group for this consisted of Taja, from Group 23, and Matthew, from Group 25. Since the very  first preliminary sequence, I have grown a lot in my abilities to not only work in a group, but also in filming and editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment